Monday, January 25, 2010

Emerging from the Abyss: Hilo, Hawai'i

Finally we find ourselves at the port in Hilo, Hawai'i, the big island. As I write this it is about 0730 here. Ill probably be posting this from the beach when I finish and were let off. Everyone had to go those immigration/customs this morning. The first announcement was made at 0530. So early. Tania and I set our alarm for 0500 to get up and see us pull into port. When it went off we got up and looked out into the dark to see land (!), lights, and a few boats directing us in. Thank god we have an outside cabin (thank you dad!). After the excitement of seeing land (I don't think you can even comprehend the excitement of seeing land after being on the ocean with nothing around). So Becca, Tania, Nic, Nick, and I are going to the beach and wandering around Hilo for the day when they finally decide were all cleared. Everyone has been out tanning on deck 7 the past few days as we entered the warmer weather. I thought Miami was a bunch of sun worshippers, but literally every minute not spent in class or the gym yesterday Nic and I spent tanning. Were working up to changing races.

Nick corbett, this is for you, my from Nicole Hazard goes to Pace! She lives across the hall from me. She's a sophomore, but I don't think you guys know each other. I'm bringing my Pace towel to the beach today! Miss you and hope you're loving Italy. I try to read and comment on your blog but my phones sketchy on the ship.

So were in Hilo til tomorrow night then Honolulu Wednesday til Thursday. You'll probably be getting texts and phone calls from me for the next 4 days. PLEEEEASE answer. This is the last time ill have calling capabilities for this trip cause its still USA unless I buy a calling card.

We've all put on bathing suits and make up and attempting to look nice for really the first time. Its looking nice out, were SO excited. Anyways were off to eat breakfast and hopefully get off the ship. And that's the announcement clearing the ship!!

No comments:

Post a Comment