Thursday, February 18, 2010

2 Days at Sea: Valentine's Day

2 days between Japan and China. Freezing, windy, rainy, the waves picked up again. Valentine's Day was Sunday. Happy late Valentine's Day! So happy birthday Tiff! And Eddykins! I missed your birthday the other day. No service on the leg from Japan to China.

We had classes the day after we left port. I had 3. They were such a struggle. I was so exhausted from Japan and needed to rest up for China. I think only half the people were in my classes. Global Studies was interesting until I got too tired to pay attention. Biology of Sharks was fine as we talked about the Osaka Aquarium for 45 minutes. Anthropology was not a real class, we just discussed Japan. Post class I napped til dinner.

That night we had our "Sea Social" where our half of the floor, our sea, had a little party in the Glazer Lounge aka the Faculty Lounge. It was ok, kind of lame. There were chips and salsa, but I didn't manage to get there in time. I only went because my LLC (aka RA) planned it and I like her. We stayed for a little before going to get food.

We turned the clocks back one more hour. Thank God. But I stil had an 0800 class the next day. I was so exhausted. Pat and I decided to go to 0930 Global Studies instead of 1400 so we could spend the rest of the day napping. Nothing big happened all day. We had a Pre-Port meeting at 2000 that lasted 2 hours. Waaaay too long. After it we all watched Mulan in Mason's room. Poor boys had to watch it with all of us and deal with the singing. We didn't even get to bed early. But the next day we'd be in China.

No comments:

Post a Comment