Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Day 1: Back at Sea A21

930 Global Studies. I dragged myself there. Good thing I did. We had a “pop quiz,” which really just consists of us filling out a sheet of opinion-based questions. It was interesting. It was all about where we thought was the best in terms of gay rights and where was the worst, then the same with women’s rights and stuff like that. The seas were getting rougher. I went back to bed after class with a slight headache and exhaustion. I skipped Biology of Sharks. This was the first time, so I didn’t feel too bad. Plus I’ve already handed in most of my stuff for that class.

I fell asleep almost immediately and didn’t wake up until 1345 when Becca knocked on my door asking if I wanted to get food later. I had to go to class at 1400. Anthropology. More useless things. We were told that we have to put together an oral presentation for the last day of class. She literally told us three times that we weren’t going to have to do it. She wanted us to talk about something from all of the different countries. I’m so glad she decided to assign this with one country left. I would have paid more attention to what I wanted to talk about…. Whatever.

After class I met up with Becca and we got chicken sandwiches up on the 7th deck since I’d missed lunch. Well, I slept through it. Nothing exciting happened for the rest of the afternoon. I hung out with Becca and Nic. We wasted time checking our emails and being useless human beings. I worked a little more on my homework for Abel.

Dinner at 1730 was with the fam. We all have seemed to work through our issues and had a nice dinner together. I’m still not totally sure why we weren’t all loving each other. But I guess that’s part of being a family.

After dinner I found myself working on more homework in my room. A knock on the door revealed Becca and Victor. They came in and kept me company while I worked for awhile. Becca went off to bed and Victor and I hung out. Biggest distraction ever. He wanted to watch a movie, but I couldn’t give in. I needed to finish up my homework so I could move on to other work the next day. We ended up filming a segment on how whale sharks reproduce with all of the stuffed whale sharks we’ve accumulated from the Osaka Aquarium. It was the finishing touch to his movie to hand in to Abel. If we could come up with 20-25 different species of sharks and show photo evidence of this then we could omit all of the answers on the shark identification practical. We now both don’t have to take it. Sickkkk. One less thing I have to do.

I kicked Victor out. I finished up my Marine Biology and Biology of Sharks homework due right before Brazil. I like how teachers describe when assignments are due. They use the countries as reference. For example, I had a paper due between South Africa and Ghana. Days are irrelevant out at sea.

I found myself in the computer lab semi-late attempting to print out my homework. Fails on the printer front. So I gave up and went off to bed. So ready for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment