Sunday, January 31, 2010

Start of Journey to Japan: days 1-3

Getting internet to work on my phone is hard in the middle of the Pacific. So I'm doing quick blurbs about each day that I'll post when it works

Day 1 (1/29): Wind. Rain. No sun=no tanning. Got 10 hours of sleep. 0930 Global Studies. 1100 Biology of Sharks. Lunch with Tania, Andrea, and Pat. Nap. 1400 Anthroplogy cancelled, Professor Weist was speaking at other Global Studies lecture. Reading, work, hanging out. 1730 dinner with the girls and Nick and Pat. More reading. 1930 stairmaster and gym. More reading and hanging out. Clocks go back 1 hour.

In the theme of this voyage ---sustainability--- I've decided to reinstate navy showers, Island School style. Also, I've decided to work out every day and cut out lots of carbs and junk. This is in an effort to better myself. Some people are here to "find themselves." Well I find myself at the bar eating. I believe I already know who I am, Island School and Miami have provided me with plenty of time to reflect.

Day 2: (1/30)
0800 Marine Bio. 1000 pedicure. 3 hours of tanning with Nic and Sam and caught up on all my readings. Dragged ourselves off to a useless Global Studies class about our projects. More or less we just sat there and admired our tans. 1600 workout pre dinner. 1730 dinner with the girls. Nic and I got bored post dinner and went down and had a few beers with Pat. Quick nap. Pub Night up on the 7th deck. Played cards and drank some more til they kicked everyone out.

Day 3: (1/31) *HAPPY 21ST BIRTHDAY CLAIRE!*
Slept through all alarms to work out early. Global Studies was cancelled so I didn't bother to wake up til Biology of Sharks at 1100. Lunch with people outside. Glorious weather. Filled out customs and immigration forms part 9. It took forever. Apparently you have to declare if you bring perfume into random countries. Yet you don't have to declare other things. Strange. Anthropology was semi useless. I'm reading now and awaiting dinner. I'm working out late then probably going to Pub Night after. We gain an hour of sleep tonight! I think we gain 7 total on the voyage to Yokohama. It appears my birthday will exist. We cross the international dateline on the 3rd instead. The 2nd is no class day. So tomorrow night we shall rage. And eat excessively. Food from the dining halls makes charties look like 5 star dining. I'm actually jealous of campus food right now.

Love and miss from the Pacific.

1 comment:

  1. Have a happy 21st birthday! Enjoy the cake and the spa! we miss you, love, mom

    ReplyDelete