Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Day 6: Last Day Pre-South Africa

I woke up a little after 0800 and couldn’t fall back to sleep. So I went up to the gym earlier than I planned. I biked for awhile then hopped on the stairmaster. Global was cancelled for the day so I took advantage of working out early, as did most of the girls on the ship. It was packed by 0930. I stretched out on the 7th deck and it was chilly and windy outside. We’re getting down into the colder weather.

I showered and got ready for class then went up and grabbed a mint tea and a 3 Musketeers bar for breakfast to take to class. 1100 Biology of Sharks, everyone’s getting more excited for South Africa and great white sharks. Although it looks like it’s not going to be the best of weather for shark diving. So we’re all a little bit concerned about that. Fingers crossed that we’ll get in the water and see something. I’m going in tomorrow. I just spoke with the guy I’m going with!

Lunch consisted of all of us talking even more about shark diving: Bea, Victor, Pat, Vanessa, Emily, and me.

1400 Anthropology, nothing special. Hung out for awhile. We had dinner at 1730 perusual. Family dinner with Midhun and the siblings was at 1900. We ate so much food. The pasta was actually delicious at dinner tonight. Hard to believe, but it was.

Family dinner was really nice, everyone was able to make it and we showed off our Mauritius pictures. I posted 2 of them on my blog in an earlier post. They’re pretty sweet, I recommend checking them out.

Right after dinner Victor, Becca, and I headed to Pre-Port. Pre-Port actually wasn’t too bad tonight, it went by quickly. I was so excited for South Africa I couldn’t contain myself. This is the port I’ve been looking forward to the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment